Tuesday 10 May 2016

Botanical Blooms extended centre step card

You know I love a fancy fold card & the centre step is at the top of that list. I've shared two centre step card tutorials & many other centre step cards over the years. Today's card is my latest centre step - I call it an extended centre step - as it has an extra panel that folds under the card, kind of like an easel card. I saw this lovely card by the Craft Spa & realised I could easily adapt my normal centre step.
This is one of many cards I've made this year that have not made it to my blog... yet. ;-)  Class lovelies will remember it from my February class.
I think the popped out centre step helps the bold flowers (Botanical builder / Blooms bundle) be the stars & the extended base gives lots of room for a sentiment without overcrowding the front.
I love using florals with stripes & think the Watercolor Wonder envelope paper played really nicely with the other elements.

Question - did you realise the green die cut behind the flowers is heart shaped? My darling man didn't, which in this case I was happy about as I wanted it to support the bright flowers without yelling 'I'm a heart'. These flowers were totally inspired by this gorgeous card by Amy Koenders.
Over on the back I've kept it simple with a panel stamped with a sentiment from the Rose Wonder bundle & a single Botanical Blooms flower.
The card base is made from almost a whole sheet of A4 card - I've just cut 6cm from the side. Here's how it looks flat. The dimensions are just a little different to my standard sized centre step card tutorial, with added length for the extended panel.
 When folded flat it fits a regular C6 card envelope.
Well I think that's that it from every angle...maybe one more for you to pin.

Thanks for visiting today. Leave me a comment if you liked my card or have any questions. Please pin it for later too & check the supply list for my store if you'd like to make it yourself.
Inky wishes, Di

PS: Thought you might like direct links to my centre step pdf tutorial posts
Regular Centre Step Card instructions
Long Centre Step Card instructions

Edited 10 July 2016: I have shared a pdf tutorial for this extended centre step card on my colourmehappy facebook group for my customers & other colourmehappy followers. You are very welcome to join this group if you're in Australlia, on facebook & want to keep up to date with colourmehappy happenings there.

Edited 18 Oct 2021:
For completeness, I have added the Extended Centre Step Card Tutorial below so you can have the whole collection. Enjoy! :)

Download Extended Centre Step Card Tutorial pdf


Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used, then alternative separate options at the bottom.. Please check the online store if your preference is different.



Big Shot
$169.00

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous Di... The extra part really helps an easel card stand up straight!

Heidi Weaver said...

Thanks for sharing the tutorial, Di. I've seen the centre step but never with the extended portion. I think that adds a bit of elegance. Beautiful card and I think it's funny that your "darling man" didn't notice the heart. Keeping it green as you did, however, does help to make the effect subtle and makes it appear to extend the greenery so that the shape isn't immediately noticeable. Again, thanks for sharing.

Beth Adams said...

Thank you for the directions!

greggandcheryl said...

Thanks. This card is beautiful !!