Tuesday 16 September 2014

Masculine centre step card - with instructions

Ahh the best laid plans, but I'm finally sharing the second card from my Father's Day / masculine card class in August - a long centre step card.
Fancy fold cards are so easy & fun to make. They're especially great for masculine cards, since they also reinforce how clever we are to our husbands, dad's etc (grin), so I designed a long centre step card version to suit the oh so flexible & popular image from Lovely as a Tree.
I  added quick colour & a modern twist to the image with the long stamp from Work of Art. The idea was inspired by the masking tape technique used on this great card. I used pear pizzazz for the grass, lost lagoon & soft sky (stamped off) for the sky. I also used part of the tree image for the message panel on the card back.
Here are some more pics to show the centre step effect, which raises the centre front panel out from the rest of the card.
 
One last note - this card fits a standard business sized (DL) envelope, or you can make your own pretty one with your trusty envelope punch board.

 Long Centre Step Card Instructions

I often prepare instructions for my class lovelies & am sharing them here, since you all seem to like them too.
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-vLPiDO8NjOVTE0UDNPN2lNTDg/edit?usp=sharing

Notes: * Measurements are provided in cm's & inches. The dimensions for each are slightly different to make them easier to measure-cut, so please use one or the other, not both together!
* The doc is designed to print A5 size (half an A4 sheet), to fit our class instruction books. Select fit to page in your printer options if you want to print it bigger.
* My docs are hosted on Google Drive. Just click on the link to view the pdf doc, then select 'download' to save the pdf to your computer-device. Please don't select share, as this just sends me an e-mail request.

Thanks for visting. I hope you liked my project & find the instructions helpful.
If you have any comments or questions about the project, instructions, anything else SU, or just want to say hi (or thanks), I'd love to hear from you.

Inky wishes, Di

Product List

2 comments:

Rene from OZ x said...

Thanks Di for the template, I love your card.
Rene from OZ xo

Anonymous said...

I know you did this a while ago, but it is new to me! Thanks for sharing - I just finally bought this set after wanting it for a long time, almost done making my card.