Thursday 6 July 2017

Eastern Palace in review 2 - clean & simple


Welcome to day 2 of my Eastern Palace project review & today I have 3 cards that show a clean & fresh take on the Eastern Palace suite.

Tranquil - Lime Thank You


I made this card for my SU Team Time gathering & sneak peek class in May. It features two of our new in-colours - tranquil tide & lemon lime twist. Simple layering of die cuts & stamped images from the Eastern Beauty - Eastern Medallions bundle gives an intricate but clean look with no fuss. Let's take a closer look at the layered flower-medallion.


My favourite image in the Eastern Beauty stamp set is the 6 pointed flower I stamped here. I used it very simply here but watch out for more cards where it's the star.

Supply Saver Tip - Cut shapes from layers where the cut will be hidden on the finished card.
I cut the tranquil tide flower medallion from the tranquil tide layer, & the lemon lime twist scallop circle from the square of lemon lime card behind the medallion window.

Super Simple Thanks


This is a simpler quicker version of the first card using soft sky, dapper denim, calypso coral & vanilla. The change in colours really gives a different feel & you could make a whole bunch of these in different colours so quickly & never be without a thank you card.


And why have I not mentioned yet how lovely is that scripty font?...and the Stitched Shapes circle gives such a finished look.


Floral Trio - case-ing Lyssa



It's rare for me to completely copy a card, but this card by Lyssa Zwolanek was so clever, gorgeous, and showed off the remaining 3 in-colours so perfectly, I had to copy it completely. In fact I loved it so much became the 3rd card for my sneak peek class, and no surprise that my class lovelies loved it too! Thanks so much for sharing it, Lyssa. Do you love it too?

So, that's three more cards to try. Remember to pin for later inspiration and check out the supply lists below to see exactly what I used & order supplies too. Lots more Eastern Palace to come so pop back soon. Thanks for visiting today.

Inky wishes, Di


Card Supplies


Tranquil - Lime Thank You

Big Shot
$159.00

Super Simple Thanks

Print Recipe
Big Shot
$159.00


Floral Trio - Case-ing Lyssa

Print Recipe
Big Shot
$159.00



No comments: