Sunday 3 July 2016

Swirly Bird meets new colours

For my first June class I wanted to introduce my lovelies to our 5 new colours from our 2016-18 in-colour collection and the fun, fun Swirly Bird stamp & die bundle. Coming up with some of their their best names yet, the in-colours are:
Swirly Boat
Our first card included the first two in-colours - dapper denim & peekaboo peach, - plus marina mist and a nautical theme.
This card was totally inspired by this fun card by Pam Staples as I loved her combination of colours & images. I had a play of my own & came up with this version.

Did you notice?
- I linked the 'happy' word to the boat to create an impression that the word could be a fishing line coming from the boat (welcome to my head!).
- The sea is made with the super useful swirly lines. I masked & sponged behind the piece with a sponge dauber & dapper denim ink. I didn't try to make it too even since the sea needs some texture.
- I stamped off the large swirl stamp for the sun to make the peach lighter then stamped & cut out a full strength swirl for the centre.

On the inside I added another swirly line piece & some sponging & a sentiment from the Tin of Cards set. The style works really well with the 'happy' word & also the look of Swirly Bird. I also added another boat on some other

I made quite a few of these cards. On some other insides I added a boat instead of the sea, which looked fun too. Here's a final combined pic for you to pin for later.

Swirly Blooms
I used the other 3 in-colours - Flirty Flamingo, Emerald Envy & Sweet Sugarplum - in a cluster of blooms for this, our second card.
 I teamed Swirly with sentiments from the Perfectly Wrapped stamp set.
I carried over the theme to the inside too. I really liked how the bold combination of flirty flamingo & emerald envy worked together.

The third class card we made was a bit of a rebel bonus as we didn't use Swirly Bird, but we did use the lovely Sweet Sugarplum to make this masked & sponged butterfly card you can see here. You seem to like too as it's been pinned over 2,000 times so far.  Thanks so much.

So, that's it from me for now. Thanks for visiting & hope to see you again soon. Leave me a comment if you have any questions or want more info.

Inky wishes, Di


Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used, then alternative separate options at the bottom.. Please check the online store if your preference is different.

Swirly Boat

Swirly Blooms


Essential Tools

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love that fishing line! Inspired.... TFS