Tuesday 1 April 2014

Two scallop tag topper treat boxes (& instructions)

Today I'm sharing a couple of little treat boxes I made with the new Scallop Tag Topper punch from the Occasions Catalogue. This punch is a must have, as you can make much more than tags.  I've also shared my class instruction sheets for both projects, so you can make your own too.

Scallop milk carton treat box
First up, a simple milk carton-like box - an impromptu extra project made at my Feb Occasions Catalogue launch class.
I'd decided to focus on 2 card projects at the class, however, on the morning of the class, I couldn't resist using the punch too so I quickly cut the pieces to make the box. I used the same colours & stamps as the hexagon hive card I shared yesterday.

The box is essentially a basic open topped box (made in crisp cantaloupe) with 2 scored scallop tags attached to the front & back & a strip of  'I am me' dsp around it. It is approx 5 x 5 x 10cm (2 x 2 x 4 inches) & can be very easily dressed up or themed to suit any occasion. It would be a perfect size to hold a hollow egg or little bag of eggs for Easter, or even a non-chocolate gift. Might just do that...with chocolate of course :-)
Click on the pic below or here to download both box instruction pdfs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-vLPiDO8NjONGtCU0kwNDVZRUU/edit?usp=sharing

Tag Topper Thank you Treats
I made these little chocolaty treats as a little customer thank you after the class to give my gals more ideas to try. This treat is even easier to make than the first - just a strip of card2, scored twice to form the bottom & sides, punch the tag topper, then add scored strip of Sweet Sorbet DSP around the box & a  cute tag (from the Just Sayin' stamp set). I didn't glue the DSP to the tag base as it didn't need it...& I knew the recipients would want to deconstruct it anyway :-) Here they are, ready to go to their peeps.
Click on the pic below or here to download both box instruction pdfs
That's all from me today, but before I go, I'd like to say a huge thanks to everyone who has left such lovely comments lately or pinned my projects. I am so inspired by the projects I see so many people share so freely & it's really nice to feel I can contribute to that in my own small way. I'll be back with my last Feb class project next time. Until then, thanks again for visiting & commenting & pinning. I really appreciate you.
Inky wishes, Di

Edited 2 April '14
I have re-loaded the instruction pdf today after fixing a typo on box 2's inch measurements. Base piece should be cut at 8 x 2 inches.


Supplies
Box 1
Stamps: Chalk Talk
Card: crisp cantaloupe, calypso coral, whisper white, I am Me dsp
Ink: pool party ink pad
Accessories: bakers twine
tools: scallop circle punch, circle punches 1-3/8 & 1-1/4 inch


Box 2
Stamps: Just Sayin'
Card: pool party or pistachio pudding card, whisper white card, Sweet Sorbet DSP (SAB)

Ink: pool party or calypso coral marker
Accessories: basic rhinestones, calypso coral chevron ribbon
Tools: Itty Bitty Punch Pack (flower), Envelope Punch Board (corner rounder)

10 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

These look fantastic. You're a sweetie for sharing your instructions.

Tracey said...

Super cute, thanks for sharing your instructions! Can't wait to give this a try!

Patrice said...

Gorgeous Di. Love these.

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute! Thanks for sharing your instructions. Will have to whip some up. Cheers Donna Z :)

Christine Blain said...

Di, these are absolutely gorgeous - as are you, for so freely sharing your amazing tutorials. Thanks, lovey. xx

janine jess said...

Such a cute little box! Thanks so much for the instructions - it is such a great help!

Rene from OZ x said...

Thanks Di, I love the boxes.
Rene from OZ xo

True Joy Studio said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Anne said...

Thank you so much for sharing the instructions for those marvelous boxes!

Cindy Schuster said...

Thank you for sharing the tutorial! Exactly what I need to make some quick treats for friends at Convention! Love you blog too!