Saturday 1 March 2014

Hexagon happiness - Six Sided Sampler in review

I've just reinstalled Photoshop, so am back in my happy photo place, with lots of unblogged & new projects to share with you as time permits. Many cards are long given to their recipient, so bear with me if I'm a bit hazy on details.
Today I'm sharing a few hexagon projects using the Six Sided Sampler stamp set, which I think should have been called Happy Hexagons, as there's something I just LOVE about hexagons. This set was one of my 'must have nows' from the annual catty & not just because it has a matching punch (eeee!). Anyway, I digress, lets get to the looking...
First up, I made this card for my dear friend Kim's birthday back in October & it's my fave using this set so far. I like organic-random layout of the hexagons & the colours.
  
You can see how I've popped some of the hexagons & layered the sentiment under them in the pic below. Doesn't the birthday sentiment from Label Love work really well with hexagons too?
 I carried the hexagons onto the inside too. Here's a close-up shot. I think this could work as a simple card front too. Excuse the badly lit pic.
I also made a little gift bag to match the card.
 Card 2 was much quicker to make, but I really liked the layout. I used the same colours as the first card, but in different amounts. Doesn't it look different?
 Here's a close up of the detail.
Here's a final one I made for my amazing friend Sam. This card really doesn't do her justice, as it's quite simple, but I hope it conveyed in a small way how awesome I think she is.
So how's that? - 4 projects in one post. I hope you've enjoyed this little sample. Thanks for visiting & for hanging in there will my irregular posting. Until next time, sending you some inky wishes.
Di

Did you know? - You'll save 15% when you order the Six Sided Sampler stamp set & hexagon punch is available as a discounted bundle. Bargain!
See them in my store: Six Sided Bundle - clear or wood

Supplies
Card 1 & matching bag
Stamps: Six Sided Sampler, Label Love

Card/Paper: Pool Party, whisper white card, Patterns DSP (retired)
Ink: pool party, calypso coral, strawberry slush ink pads & markers

Accessories: basic rhinestones, in-colour Boutique Details, ruffled ribbon (coastal cabana)
Tools: hexagon punch

Card 2
Stamps: Six Sided Sampler, Label Love

Card/Paper: calypso coral, crisp cantaloupe, whisper white card
Ink: pool party, calypso coral, strawberry slush, smoky slate ink pads & markers

Accessories: basic pearls, ruffled ribbon (coastal cabana)
Tools: hexagon punch, itty bitty punch pack (flower), Big Shot, honeycomb embossing folder
Card 3
Stamps: Six Sided Sampler, Feelgoods

Card/Paper: coastal cabana, pool party, strawberry slush, whisper white card
Ink: pool party, calypso coral, strawberry slush ink pads & markers

Accessories: basic rhinestones, in-colour Boutique Details
Tools: hexagon punch, itty bitty punch pack (flower), Big Shot, honeycomb embossing folder

No comments: