Friday 24 February 2012

Up, up & away

Today I have two cards to share using the Up, Up & Away stamp set. Both cards were made for good friends back in November (I know, I know, still behind!). This set was at the top of my must-have list, as I loved the look & flexibility of the images for so many types of cards & the little details like the birds & pennant trails.
One for a guy
First up, one for my friend Ray, in shades of blue.
This is one of my fave go-to layouts & I liked how it worked with the balloons. The balloons are all stamped, cut out & popped off the base with dimensionals.The navy strip at the bottom is our great denim ribbon, which is great for male cards (click on the pic to see it closer). on the inside, I created another little scene to finish it off.
...& one for a girl
I made this centre step step card for my dear friend (& now keen stamper) Alison. This was my first attempt at the style of card & won't be my last, as it's such a fun fold.
I used the balloons in a similar way to Ray's card. This time, I added some itty bitty punch flowers & pearls to make them a little more girly. The colours are a bit off in the pic, so let me tell you that they're pool party, island indigo, poppy parade & calypso coral.

If you'd like to try a centre step card, check out this tutorial on SplitcoastStampers.com.
I changed the measurements for my card & can't remember for the life of me what they were. If you'd like to know, leave a comment & I'll see if I can 'borrow' the card back from my friend (Hi Alison!).

Edited 16 Sept 2014
You can now download my pdf tutorial for a centre step card in this post.


Anyway, must fly for now. Hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for visiting & hope to hear from you or see you here again soon.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
For a Guy
Stamps: Up, Up & Away
Card/Paper: Night of Navy, bashful blue\, whisper white card, Patterns DSP (Regals - Navy)
Ink: night of navy, bashful blue ink pad & markers
Accessories: blue denim ribbon
Tools: Big Shot, Top Note die

For a Girl
Stamps: Up, Up & Away, Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess)
Card/Paper: pool party, whisper white, calypso coral, poppy parade card. Patterns DSP (In-colour 11-13 - indigo & pool party)
Ink: poppy parade, calypso coral
Accessories: basic pearls
Tools: itty bitty punch pack flower

3 comments:

Sam said...

Both cards are so beautiful Di! I love hot air balloon cards so much. They make me feel all floaty with happiness :-).

H2 :) said...

Oh wow Di, these are fabulous! Love the balloon off the main image panel on the first, the monochromatic colour scheme & your choice of DSP. The centre step fold is perfect for your second "scene" & the colours look amazing... :)

KimB said...

Its taken me ages to come and catch up but its always worth it Di!! You are making me seriously think about getting the balloon set - love what you've done with especially how the Calyso balloons just pop off the page against the pool party :)The centre step fold just made it a stunning card!
Kim x
PS: Thought your Harry owl was just super cute too! and very clever - no wonder DH loved it!