Thursday 26 November 2009

Season of Joy SAS

I'm back with a very quick post to show you the first card from my October Christmas SAS.Those with good memories will realise I haven't show you September's SAS yet, but I don't have enough time for Sept now, as it has lots of different cards. This SAS saw the return of an old favourite set from last year – 'Season of Joy', with a new look courtesy of this year's in colours & some striped 'Ski Slope' DSP & spotty 'Holiday Wishes DSP from the main catty. I took my colour combo from the striped paper – baja breeze, riding hood red, old olive & chocolate chip. It's a very simple layout, but I like how it all came together. If you have any questions, just let me know.
Here is another variation of the card using the poinsettia/flower stamp. I don't think it works as well because the flower is maybe a little small – probably should have added a couple? Anyhoo, I thought I'd show you anyway.
I'll show you the second card design we made next time, which will hopefully be over the next few days. It's my darling hubby's birthday tomorrow, so I'll be a busy girl making sure he has a really happy day...& hopefully finding the card I made for him today. It has disappeared off the face of the earth. Damo joked that it was all a ploy to hide the fact I hadn't actually made one. Thankfully, though Cara saw it & I took pictures before I lost it, so he might have to settle for the digital version until it turns up! Anyhow, I'm waffling now, so I'll say bye for now & thanks for visiting.
Inky wishes
Di

PS: Thanks to everyone for all the lovely comments on my Regionals swap. What a bunch of sweeties.
PPS: Ski Slope DSP & the scallop oval punch are only available until Nov 30, so please contact me if you 'need' to order them.

Supplies:
Stamps: Season of Joy
Card/Paper: baja breeze, riding hood red, old olive, whisper white, Holiday Wishes DSP, Ski Slope DSP
Ink: baja breeze ink pad, old olive Stampin' Write® marker
Accessories: chocolate chip grosgrain
Tools: large oval & scallop oval punch, scallop edge punch

No comments: