Monday 6 July 2009

Trees in the pink

Continuing the pink theme from my last post, here's a card I made with another of my must-have sets – Trendy Trees. Sorry about the pic. I just CAN'T get the colours to come right (sigh).This very girly card was inspired by one I saw on the display boards at Convention. The base is a combination of regal rose & pink pirouette. I stamped the pink pirouette card with the funky flower from 'Good Friend' in white & pink pretty in pink ink. Then I punched a large circle window out using the round tab punch (punched twice), added a celery knot & fave greeting from 'On Your Birthday'.

The trendy tree was stamped in celery & pink, cut out & mounted on a pierced pretty in pink scallop circle & two pink pirouette circles. Then, I attached it to the inside of the card. Here's a close-up of the motif & inside. We made some lovely 'trendy Trees' make & takes at Convention, so here they are too:I loved this little set of gift cards, packaged in a cellophane bag. So quick & easy to do, but I think it would make a very cute gift.I also really liked the layout of this card, which shows off all of trees in the set. I think it would be a good masculine card too, with these colours.

Top Tip: I'd definitely recommend use a stamp-a-ma-jig with this set, to accurately line up the trunks & tree tops. To speed up the process, I've stamped all the images with my SAMJ onto a piece of vellum card, so they're always ready to go.

Hope you liked these trendy tree projects. Next time, I'll have some watercolour projects to show you from my last classes. Bye for now.
Inky wishes
Di

Supplies:
Stamps: Trendy Trees, On Your Birthday, Good Friend
Card: regal rose, pink pirouette, pretty in pink, whisper white
Ink: certainly celery, pretty in pink, regal rose
Accessories: celery grosgrain ribbon
Tools: punches: circle scallop, 1 3/8 inch circle, 1 ¼ inch circle, round tab, piercing tool

4 comments:

Sam said...

Very cute card Di! I like your new blog header too.

Have a great week.
Sam.

Karen said...

Hi there Di!

I just HAD to pop on and say how much I love your latest creations, but I realllllllly LOVE your pink trendy tree's card - its beautiful!

Hope your well and be sure to keep those gorgeous creations of yours flowing! Oh......and if you could send some of your mojo onto me that would be super! lol

Luv Karen

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Ooohhh I LOVE your PINK card. Two of my fave things at the moment... PINK and Trendy Trees. GORGEOUS.

xx Sarah

Chrissie said...

I love, love, love your pink tree card! I wouldn't have thought to use that set and those colours! Off ot go and make one too!