Wednesday 4 March 2009

Sweet Sunday Blooms (& winners)

I'm trying to get on track & show you some more of what I've been making, so without any further waffle, I have 2 cards to show you today. I made this one for my fabulous friend Kellie's birthday. (waving & smiling at ya Kellie!).This was also the first card I made with the gorgeous Eastern Blooms set & Bali Breeze paper from the Summer Mini. You'll be seeing lots more of these in the next couple of weeks, as I've been using it HEAPS. Love love love them.
The layout was based on Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 2, which I totally loved. I started with 'Blooms' & Happy Everything for the panel & it just grew & grew. I then realised I would have to make the card front much bigger than standard to make the proportions work (nothing like careful planning is there?). So, in the end I think the card front was a couple of cm's smaller than half an A4 sheet (& fitted into a C5 envelope). I really liked how it turned out, so I hope Kellie did too.

Anyway, after I finished Kellie's card, I had another play with the layout to see if I could make a standard sized version & simplify it a bit – as I'm always happier when I keep it simple. This was this was the result.
I liked it a lot, so decided to use it as one of the projects for my Summer Mini class on Jan 31st., where it also went down well. I just remembered that I made another card with this layout, for a male friend's birthday, but I can't find the photo, so I'll show you that one later if I find it.
Thanks so much Karen for a great sketch & for so generously sharing your awesome creations & ideas. I'm definitely going to try some more.
We have a winner...or 2
Thanks to Michelle & Kim for playing along with the retiring items giveaway in my So Long Mr Crabby post. You were both spot-on with all your picks, except for the inks, which were actually blue bayou, soft sky & groovy guava. No wild wasabi, the green actually celery (which thankfully for my sanity is not retiring). A special woo hoo to Michelle for figuring out 'Polka Dots & Petals'. I thought that was a tricky one! Can you both please e-mail me with your full name & snail addresses, so I can send your prizes. I'll edit the Crabby post to list the full supply list.
Anyway, must go. Thanks for looking.
Di
Supplies:Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Happy Everything
Card/Paper: old olive, purely pomegranate, pretty in pink, whisper white, Bali Breeze designer paper, Summer Picnic designer Paper
Ink: old olive & purely pomegranate, groovy guava ink pads, rose red, tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie & regal rose markers
Accessories: old olive brads, silver brads, purely pomegranate satin ribbon (not available), purely pomegranate double stitched ribbon, dimensionals
Tools: scallop edge punch, paper piercing tool

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

These are both great--I think I will CASE the second one for my next workshop, if I may!