Wednesday 4 February 2009

Ginger blossom gift folder & a case

Wow, I'm on a mini roll - three posts in two days. Don't faint anyone. Just wanted to show you this gift card folder (yes, another one) I made for my dear (& only slightly evil) friend Debi's errrr, 21st birthday - That's right isn't it Deb (wink)? Oh & apologies for the pic quality. I was in a huge rush...to get to the party... & the light wasn't good for pics!
Again, I've used the Embrace Life set, this time with the coordinating Ginger Blossom designer paper. I find that paper like this, with a bold side & more subtle side work best for these folders.
I decorated the front with a single 'Embrace Life' flower stamped in ruby red & cut out, with clear rhinestone brad (from the Pretties kit) in the centre. I mounted it with dimensionals onto guava & ruby red squares & a river rock panel stamped with a greeting from 'Cheer & Wishes', then attached to the panel with dimensionals. The ribbon is vanilla taffeta, attached with another rhinestone brad. The inside greeting & voucher panels are vanilla & ruby red.
and casing myself....
I really liked the front of the folder (which I obviously didn't have any more), so I cased myself & made a card version of it. I used the same paper & design, but exchanged the vanilla ribbon for a strip of river rock double stitched ribbon.
Stop Press
After nominating some lovely ladies for a blog award yesterday, the very kind Kirsty generously nominated me for a Marie Antoinette award. If only I felt as elegant as Marie looks... although at least I still have my head. But I digress. If you didn't go see Kirsty's blog yesterday, go now & especially don't miss checking out her gorgeous Eastern Blooms card set ...& if you didn't check out the blogs of the other talented ladies I nominated, do that too!

Hope you all have a lovely day. I'll try to be back tomorrow with another card. Thanks for visiting.
Di
Supplies:Stamps: Embrace Life, Cheer & Wishes
Card/Paper: Ginger Blossom designer paper, river rock, ruby red & groovy guava & vanilla card
Ink: Ruby red, Always Artichoke
Accessories: clear rhinestone brads (Pretties kit), vanilla taffeta ribbon, river rock double stitched ribbon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could CASE yourself? Good too see you are on a blog roll!

btw anyone know how to remove snow & ice from a driveway?

thinking of you all nice'n'warm

x

Karen said...

Hi Di,

Havent stopped by in a while, but holy cow you've been busy! Love it all!

Karen
xo

Chrissie said...

I am in awe of your folders... I have tried but I cannot seem to make them work! I love how you made a card based on your folder too! Thanks for sharing!