Friday 26 December 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone

I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas, shared with your nearest & dearest. I've had a generally relaxing couple of days with family, after a blur like rest of December. Like the beautiful song I heard sung at church on Christmas Day though, (truly wonderful Christine & Fairlie), "All is Well" in the greater scheme.

Many things I'd planned for this month didn't quite happen as planned, including blogging, finishing a new design for my Christmas cards & actually mailing any cards...except a lucky few that went with parcels. I'm hoping to send some out anyway, but if this doesn't happen, please know that I send the best of wishes to all my family, friends, customers & blog buddies for a wonderful Christmas & new year.

Even though Christmas is becoming a memory, I thought I'd share some final Christmas projects with you. These could easily be adapted to suit any other occasion too!

Christmas SAS Card – Crazy for Pomegranate


This was the 2nd card from my last Christmas card SAS in November. The colours are purely pomegranate, river rock & old olive & I used part of the tree image from Crazy for Christmas, which is one of my very first & favourite sets. (It's also 20% for a few more days off this month – see this post). At the class, all the ladies made versions with the bauble & present stamps in the set, which looked great too....the colours are off a bit so it doesn't really do it justice (what is it about river rock?)

Christmas Gift Ideas Class

These are the projects we made at my Christmas Ideas class on 6 Dec.First, we all made my fave patterned paper gift card folders using some 'Dashing' designer paper & stamps from 'Big Bold Birthday'.

The second project was a co-ordinated gift box, tag & gift card. Here are two I made:I wanted to show everyone how quick & easy it is to custom make boxes to fit the gift you're giving using a couple of different box making techniques. The box base (15 x 15 x 5cm, or approx 6 x 6 x 2 inches) & gift card are cut from one A4 sheet. You could also make a tag from the leftover, but I needed just a little more for the oversize tag we made. The lid was from part of a 12 x 12 sheet (with plenty of leftovers). If you'd like any other information, or the pattern template for the box & lid, just drop me an e-mail.

I made lots more little boxes, filled with cards & chocs to show everyone how to adapt the principles to make their own custom boxes. There's too many to show you tonight though, so I'll try to get back tomorrow or Sunday with those.
Supplies:
Crazy for Christmas
Stamps: Crazy for Christmas, Season of Joy
Card: purely pomegranate, river rock, old olive, very vanilla
Ink: purely pomegranate, old olive
Accessories: pomegranate double stitched ribbon
Tools: bone folder (distressed edge)

Gift Folder
Stamps: Big Bold Birthday
Card: real red, old olive, very vanilla card, Dashing Designer paper
Ink: old olive real red
Accessories: gold brads, real red & old olive 3/4 inch grosgrain ribbon
Tools: paper piercer, mat pack
Box, Card & Tag
Stamps: Many Merry Messages
Card:Wintergreen designer paper, Certainly celery, always artichoke, soft sky, sage shadow card
Ink: Always artichoke
Accessories: certainly celery 3/4 inch grosgrain ribbon
Tools: large & small oval punch (card), horizontal slot punch (tag)

1 comment:

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love these cards Diane, especially the monochrome green one with the DS Dashing papers - it looks really stuning. Great ideas for a class ! Thanks for sharing.