Tuesday 11 November 2008

Fabulous flowers, prints & rub-ons


A little later than I planned, but here I am with one of the projects we made at last Saturday's embossing themed class. I have been playing around with the emerging colour technique & decided to see what sort of effect I'd get by using patterned paper, so I tried some designer Prints paper & really liked how it turned out....so I made this one for the class.To get the effect I stamped & clear embossed the large 'fabulous flower' stamp onto 2 squares of rose red Prints paper, then sponged & brayered over the top with purely pomegranate ink. I cut part of one image out & added a pink rhinestone brad (love those things!), then raised the whole flower panel off the base with dimensionals. For the original card, I also white embossed a greeting on the pomegranate strip, but at the class, I used a rub- on, as this is my favourite way of adding a white title or greeting & I wanted to show the ladies at the class how to use them. I really like the pretty in pink, rose red & pomegranate colour combo too, as I think it's stylishly girly (well to me it is anyway!). I'll show you another card with this combo later in the week.
I also thought I'd show you the first card I made, so show the different look you get when you don't ink the whole square. This time I used some So Saffron Prints paper from the pack that was available earlier this year.
As you can see, I just sponged a little over the flower edges with this one, as I liked the look better on the saffron. Incidentally, you'll never guess what colour ink I sponged on... groovy guava (true!). Lastly, I white embossed the greeting & raised it on dimensionals....truth be told after an unfortunate embossing incident on the almost complete strip nearly wrecked the card!


Rub on Some Happiness

Before I go, I wanted to also let you know about the 2nd great offer available this month on Stampin' Up! rub-ons. You'll receive receive a great 20% discount on all our Stampin' Up!® rub-on packs, when you spend $20 on normal catalogue goodies between 10-30 November. Rub-ons are usually $19.95, but this month, they're $15.96 each.
Like all of our products, co-ordination is the key, as our rub-on packs are designed to work with a selection of our exclusive stamp images. They of course work well on their own too! They're great for surfaces that are difficult to stamp on, eg. fabric, ribbon or shiny surfaces, or on glass, plastic or wooden home decor items.
If you'd like more information on how to use rub-on or you'd like to order some, just e-mail me for more information. I'll be back tomorrow with more emerging colour projects to show you.
Bye for now!
Di
Supplies:
1. Rose Red Prints
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers
Card: Pretty in pink, purely pomegranate, whisper white
Ink: versamark, purely pomegranate
Accessories: Urban West rub-ons, pink rhinestone brad (Fire pack), purely pomegranate double stitched ribbon, clear embossing powder
Tools: heat tool, sponge dauber, brayer

2. Saffron Prints
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Sincere Salutations
Card: so saffron, pumpkin pie, whisper white
Ink: groovy guava, whisper white, versamark
Accessories: pumpkin rhinestone brad (Fire pack), pumpkin striped ribbon
Tools: heat tool, sponge dauber, brayer

3 comments:

Dani Fender said...

I really like the emerging colour on the DSP! looks lovely!

Chrissie said...

Fabulous cards Di. I haven't tried this technique but it looks very effective!

Liam said...

I love this card you made. It is gorgeous. I must try the emerging colour technique. Thank you for sharing your lovely creations.

regards

Liam