Saturday 15 November 2008

Embossed blooms


While I was playing around with embossing, I decided to see what the 'Blooms' die cuts would look like embossed & this was the result.Eagle eyes will probably notice It's the same layout as my last workshop cards, but this time, the 'Blooms' die cuts are definitely saying 'look at moi'. It may be a bit hard to see in the pic, but they're really glossy IRL. I think they look great with the striped paper from the 'Jersey shore' pack & the olive stripe & flower circle from the 'Summer Picnic' pack. The base is pumpkin pie (shock horror - all those Kristina challenges have made me like it more!). I thought the happy greeting from 'Polka Dots & Paisley' worked well with the fun, bold look.
Anyone who's tried 'Blooms' knows it's hard to stop playing with them, so I made this card too. I didn't emboss the flowers this time – they look soo good a-la-natural in that textured cardstock anyway. Again, I used the 'Summer Picnic' paper, this time with some always artichoke grosgrain ribbon.
Sadly, 'Blooms' & 'Summer Picnic' paper will only be available until the end of November, when the Spring Mini ends, so contact me before they go if you'd like to order some.
Bye for now.
Di
Supplies:
Embossed Blooms

Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley
Card/Paper: Whisper white card, Blooms die cuts, Jersey Shore designer paper pack, Summer Picnic designer paper
Ink: old olive, versamark
Accessories: old olive brad, clear embossing powder
Tools: ½ inch circle punch, large oval punch, heat tool

Blooms for you
Stamps: One of a Kind
Card/Paper: Whisper white card, Blooms die cuts, Summer Picnic designer paper
Ink: pumpkin pie stampin' write marker
Accessories: real red brads, clear embossing powder
Tools: large & small oval punches, ½ & ¼ inch circle punches

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Great cards Di... but how are they embossed... I can't tell in the photo!!