Tuesday 1 July 2008

Love gone baroque


Oops – didn't quite get back to posting my other love note until now. Baroque Motifs has to make an appearance somewhere, so here it is.I actually made this one while I was making some other full size baroque cards for a workshop....but as I forgot to take pics of the finished pack of cards, you'll just have to trust me...or ask Melissa!
I cased the design from page 3 of the Idea Book & Catalogue. For my version, I used groovy guava, river rock & old olive & a very vanilla Love Note. I stamped the base with the swirl & small flower & attached a strip of groovy guava double stitched ribbon. Then, I cut out 2 large motifs (yep, I love cutting those out!), added a celery rhinestone brad & mounted them with dimensionals on an old olive square with a silver brad in each corner & popped it up on dimensionals too. To carry the design inside the note, I stamped a bit of the swirl & small flower there too.
...and that's it for the love notes for now. Sorry about blurry & dodgy colours in this pic. I think it looks much nicer IRL. My camera doesn't seen to be coping with the small Love Notes.
Supplies
Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Card: Very vanilla card & Love Note, old olive
Ink: River rock, groovy guava
Accessories, rhinestone brads ('Ice' pack), silver brads, groovy guava double stitched ribbon

No comments: