Monday 2 June 2008

Sharon’s fab gift card purse

So did you think I have forgotten to post the pics of the second project from my last class? I was so busy last week finalising preparations for Kellie & I's stall & a workshop that I didn't have time, but here it finally is. It's a gift card purse that very clever demo, Sharon Turnbull created as a SU convention swap in April. I thought the idea was absolutely brilliant, so I just had to make my own using her design.

I want to send a huge thank you to Sharon for sharing your design & allowing me to post the project on my blog.

The purse opens like a handbag & has 2 divided sections inside to hold card inserts – one to hold a greeting & one for a store gift card. I think this is a great way to make giving a gift card still feel very special. This is one of my most favourite recent projects... & not just because I used more yummy 'in colours' & Fall Flowers paper. The girls at the class loved them too, so I hope you do as well.

We made 2 colour variations, one with a blue bayou base,

Here's a close up of the flower motif, so you can see how it's raised...

... & one with certainly celery. This celery one was a prototype – the class version was has the same paper & flower layout as the blue bayou one!

I think this project also breaks my record of most punches used on a single project – 7 in total. Check out the supply list if you can't pick them all.

If you'd like more info on how to make this purse, or if you'd like me to run a class to show you how to make one, just contact me.

Supplies:
Stamp sets:
Priceless, Short & Sweet (again!)
Card/Paper: blue bayou/certainly celery, whisper white, Fall Flowers designer paper
Ink: blue bayou or certainly celery, groovy guava
Accessories: celery brad, dimensionals
Punches: scallop circle, 1 3/8 in circle, 1 ¼ in circle, corner rounder, word window, tab, slit

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane, thanks so much for your lovely comments. I LOVE what you have done with this!

Cheers
Sharon Turnbull

Anonymous said...

This is adorable Diane!