Friday 13 June 2008

Back to colour challenge 10

I didn't have time to make a card for Kristina's colour challenge 10, but I liked the colour combination she set. Here's the inspiration pic:

So, this week, when I wanted to try this tutorial that Kristina also did, I decided to use these colours. They are: so saffron, bashful blue, not quite navy, old olive & whisper white ... & this is my card:

The sets I've used are 'Seeing Spots' (flower centre), 'Polka Dot' background (saffron on white) & 'Eat Cake' (birthday greeting).

It's hard to see in the pic, but the flower motif has lots of raised layers. (I'll try to take some better pics). The navy outer petals (punched with the 1 3/8 inch circle & scallop circle punches) are raised above the bashful blue piece. The old olive & bashful blue circles & the flower centre are mounted below the bashful blue piece (clear as mud?). I wrapped some new bashful blue striped grosgrain ribbon for the knot – I think it just finishes it off nicely!

I really liked using this colour combination. If you would like any more info on this card, just let me know ... or leave a comment – I like hearing what you think!

In the meantime, have a great weekend.
Di J

Supplies:
Stamps: Seeing Spots, Polka Dot, Eat Cake
Card: so saffron, bashful blue, not quite navy, old olive, whisper white
Ink: so saffron, not quite navy
Accessories: Not quite navy brad (Earth Elements® pack), dimensionals, glue dots
Tools: scallop circle punch, 1 3/8 in circle punch, 1 ¼ in circle punch, I in circle punch.

No comments: