Sunday 2 March 2008

One, two, buckle my...err cards!

OK, I'm officially obsessed with buckle cards. Here are 2 more I made in the same way as this one, using some of the designer series papers from the Summer Mini. For this one, I went chocolatty, with 2 of the circle patterned papers from the 'au chocolat' pack. The base is chocolate chip card & the inside right panel is very vanilla card, with a choc chip & vanilla based paper. There's another panel of the same vanilla paper on the inside left of the card. The greeting is from Sincere Salutations, a set I find very elegant & useful for lots of occasions.For this one, I wanted to make a fun card, so I used some spotty teal & cool caribbean paper from the 'Loves Me' pack on a tempting turquoise base. I also used stamps from the very cute 'Eat Cake' set for the presents & greeting, which I raised on dimensionals. I'm really happy that 'Eat Cake' will continue to be available in the new Idea Book & Catalogue, as it's a fun set for birthdays & invitations.

At this stage, both the 'Au Chocolat' & 'Loves Me' paper are only available until the end of March, but I have my fingers crossed that they'll be included in the new catalogue too, as I find them really easy to use on projects. They're good value too, at only $16.95 for 12 sheets - 2 sheets of 6 double sided designs in each pack.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Hi Diane,

You've reminded me I wanted to CASE your last buckle card and never got around to doing it. I LOVE the Loves Me version above. So stylish!

Like your post heading too :-).
Sam.

Chrissie said...

What great cards they are! I have never made a buckle card, but I might just have to try! Thanks for the inspiration!

Chrissie said...

P.S.You've been tagged:
The rules of the game:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.