Tuesday 5 February 2008

Merci Jane

I thought I'd share some of the projects from a workshop I did last weekend for the lovely Jane and some of her friends. Hi Jane & thanks again for a great time :) The first project was this bagalope, which is a bag made using an envelope. They're so quick & easy to make & everyone I've shown them to loves them as well.
For this one, I used the 'leaves-a-la-carte' jumbo Stampin' Around® wheel & 'Carte Postale' set from the Summer Mini Catalogue. I also used one of my fave colour combos – perfect plum, very vanilla & yep, you guessed it - certainly celery!

First, I rolled the 'leaves' wheel over a normal card size very vanilla envelope (C6) with perfect plum – super quick. Then I made a perfect plum topper for the bag & stamped it with the 'Carte Postale' swirl. I stamped the single leaf & merci from 'Carte Postale' in perfect plum & punched out a tag with the tag punch. I matted the tag with some celery card (yay!), punched a hole at the top with the horizontal slot punch and added some celery grosgrain ribbon to finish.
While I used a standard envelope for this bag, any sized good quality envelope can be used to make different shapes and sized bags. If you'd like any more information on how to make one, just send me an e-mail.

I also made this matching card prior to the workshop, using the same colours & stamps, to show how one project can inspire another. I used the wider celery grosgrain from the Summer Mini Catalogue,this time, also for more impact.....OK and I just really like the wide ribbon too!
Supply List: Stamps: Carte Postale, Leaves-a-la-carte wheel (Summe Mini). Card/paper: very vanilla envelope & card, perfect plum, very vanilla, certainly celery. Ink: Perfect plum, Accessories: Celery grosgrain, tag punch, horizontal slot punch, 1 3/8 inch square punch (card).

No comments: