Thursday 21 February 2008

Bud basics big buckle


Finally, I can show you the 'big buckle card' we made at last weekend's class. It gets its name because of the 'buckle' strip attached to the back of the card & slides through a hole in the front of the card to close it. I saw instructions for one on Splitcoast and thought it was a fun idea, so I adjusted the size to suit aussie A4 card.
Again, most of the supplies are from the Summer Mini - 'Bud Basics' set & 'Loves Me Paper'. I also used the 'Sincere Salutations' set from the main catty for the greeting.

I felt like being a bit 'bold', so I chose tempting turquoise for the base. I used whisper white for the inside panel, and trimmed it with a strip of polka dot 'Loves Me' paper. The whisper white front panel is stamped with the large 'Bud Basics' flowers in cool caribbean pretty in pink & close to cocoa. The front corners are rounded with the small corner rounder punch. I also rounded the ends of the buckle strip & added another strip of 'Loves Me' paper. I used the Word Window Punch to make a hole in the front of the card for the buckle to fit through. Then, I attached the buckle under the inside panel, so that it lined up with the hole in the front & adhered the inside panel to the base. Finally, I closed the buckle & stamped the greeting.
I'm sure you'll be seeing at least one more of these from me, as I really like the buckle effect! If you'd like to know more about this buckle card or anything else Stampin' Up!®, just drop me an e-mail.
Oh, in case you were wondering (or not)... the previous post title "It's for a man, man!" was inspired by a quote from the legendry Austin Powers!

No comments: