Friday 15 February 2008

Big birthday punched flower

After seeing Sam's clever punched flower card, my friend and fellow demonstrator Kellie (Hi Kellie) and I had a play with the small & large oval punches too & this was my card. I love using the oval punches with greetings, but it's always fun to find more ways to use them. Thanks for the inspiration for this one Sam!

I wanted to use really cheerful colours so I picked lavender lace & cool Caribbean for the flower & used a clear button backed with lavender lace for the flower centre. The flower is attached to a lavender lace base, matted with whisper white & gable green. I used my lavender lace & gable green markers to stamp the greeting (from 'Sincere Salutations'). It's attached to the card with some blue gingham ribbon & a silver brad. The finished card is 10.5cm x 10.5cm in case you were wondering. I have to say that I am not 100% happy with some bits of this one, but I decided to show you anyway.

Kellie used one of my favourite colour combos for her card – perfect plum & pale plum on very vanilla & it looked gorgeous.
If you haven't already, check out Sam's blog too, as her creations are always inspiring. Have a fun weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Hi Diane,

I LOVE your card. The colours are so beautiful and happy and bright! It jumped off the page at me. You have inspired me...I've been in a muddy little puddle for the last week ;-).

Thank you also for your lovely compliment. You are too sweet.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Sam.