Friday 21 December 2007

Christmas card finale

Well it's 3 days until Christmas and I can finally and thankfully say that all my Christmas cards are finished, posted and hopefully delivered. I thought I'd show...myself and anyone else who accidentally finds my blog, most of the cards I actually sent.

All these cards feature the lovely 'holiday thyme' designer series paper which was available until 15 December. All other supplies are also from Stampin' Up!® unless noted.

First off the block is the origami Christmas tree, which was inspired by this card on Sam Post's blog. I made 2 colour variations – this one in old olive cranberry crisp and naturals ivory and another with a naturals ivory card base. The greeting is my favourite from ‘Many Merry Messages’ and is stamped in cranberry crisp ink.
The ivory mat is pierced in each corner using the piercing template from the mat pack and raised off the base with Stampin Dimensionals®. The star brads are from my scrapping stash, so I’m not sure of the brand.

Next up is my Christmas baubles card. I was really pleased with this one too, especially because it satisfied my love of punches. The base is naturals ivory – I liked the way it looked with the ‘holiday thyme paper’. The ‘holiday thyme’ paper baubles are raised off a cranberry crisp bauble base using Stampin' Dimensionals® for more impact. I made the baubles with the 1¼ inch circle punch & the hangers with the ¼ inch and ½ inch circle punches. They are ‘hanging’ on silver cord, which was stitched through the card. Again, the greeting is from ‘Many Merry Messages’.


Last but not least, these 2 cards follow the same design, but use very different colours. Again, the first uses naturals ivory and old olive card. The greeting is stamped in cranberry crisp ink, on naturals ivory card which has been pierced and mounted on Dimensionals. The olive card is also pierced on 2 sides. The second version uses night of navy card and ink & whisper white card.

Hope you liked the cards. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Best wishes to everyone for a happy and peaceful Christmas.

No comments: